|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Evening||£8.00 per person per night|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
Relax in a friendly atmosphere inside and out whilst enjoying Gloucester's Historic surroundings. Whether its to eat, have a drink or enjoy a fresh hot coffee, Cafe Rene is the place to be. Recommended by The Rough Guide to England.
Quality freshly prepared food is available 7 days a week from 11am until around 9.30pm with Chef's daily specials and the option for candle lit dining. There are also various special offers throughout the year for an even better dining experience and famous Summer BBQ's in the beer garden.
Cafe Rene also has live music on Wednesday evenings with various performers each week. These gigs normally begin at around 9.30 pm with free entry before 11pm and £2 after.
On Friday and Saturday nights Cafe Rene open up their cellar bar which hosts different DJ's each week and the well known event BOUNCE. From 10pm until 3am experience great music and the chance to let loose. Free entry before 11pm and £2 after 11pm.
As this pub is set in a medieval building you would expect disabled access to be limited, however the staff have made the effort to make this pub as disabled friendly as possibly, including a disabled toilet. Just be awear of the roman well in the middle of the main room!
- In town/city centre
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- All areas accessible to disabled visitors - yes apart from the cellar bar downstairs.
- Facilities for the Disabled
- Guide dogs permitted
- Level access, ramp or lift to a public toilet
- Toilets for disabled visitors
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge) - Just off the non-pedestrianised part of Eastgate Street The NCP Hampden Way car park and St. Michael's Square have both received a 'Park Mark' award from the police. NCP rooftop multi-storey at Kings Walk and Mall Eastgate Centre. Digital displays on the approaches to Gloucester indicate the number of spaces available in these car parks. The St. Michael's Square and Mall Eastgate Centre car parks are off Brunswick Road. Brunswick Road is closed to most vehicles at its junction with Eastgate Street. You’ll need to enter it via Parliament Street or Spa Road from Southgate Street/Bristol Road or via Park Road from Trier Way. Follow the signs for The Mall car park
- Cater for vegetarians
- Late Licence
- Outdoor Seating
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Delta accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Max group size - 50 people with prebooking.
- Visa accepted
- Cater for groups - up to 50 people with prebooking required.
- Licenced for alcohol
- Live music
Map & Directions
From the North: Get off the M5 at Junction 11, at the roundabout take the 3rd exit onto the A40 (signposted Gloucester/Cirencester). At Elmbridge Court roundabout take the 4th exit (signposted Ross). At the next roundabout take the first exit onto the A38 and then at the next roundabout take the 3rd exit onto the A417 (St. Oswald's Road). At the next roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the A417. Keep left around Westgate Island and take the first left into Westgate Street. Follow the road around into Upper Quay Street and then turn left into Bearland. Continue forward on to Longsmith Street, there is a multi storey car park just to your left. Come out of the car park and turn left, walk up Longsmith Street until you come to the end of the road. Slightly to your right inside you will see an archway.Cafe Rene is located trought the archway on your left handside.
From the South: Get off the M5 at Junction 12, at the roundabout take the first exit onto the B4008. At the Cross Keys roundabout take the 3rd exit onto the A38. At the next roundabout continue forward. At the traffic lights continue forward (stay in the left hand lane, signposted Ross) onto the A430, Secunda Way. Continue forward on this by pass until you come to a roundabout, stay in the right hand lane and take the 2nd exit (on to Hempstead Lane). Turn right into St. Ann Way and continue forward at the next 2 sets of lights. At the major cross road turn left into Southgate Street. Follow Southgate Street and continue on to Commercial Road. Take the first right onto Ladybellegate Street and then the 2nd right into Longsmith Street. There is a multi storey car park just to your left. Come out of the car park and turn left, walk up Longsmith Street until you come to the end of the road. Slightly to your right inside you will see an archway.Cafe Rene is located trought the archway on your left handside.
Public Transport Directions
Cafe Rene is approximately a 5 minute walk from the Bus or Train Station. From the Train Station cross Bruton Way and go through the Bus Station. Proceed out of the Bus Station through the archway onto Station Road. Continue forward on to Clarence Street and at the end turn right into Eastgate Street. Follow Eastgate Street until you see st Michael Tower. Cafe Rene will be located throught the archway on the left inside.
|Cafe Rene (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
* Friday & Saturday opening:
£2 entrance fee after 23:00
Strictly no admittance after 1:00