Gloucester – Great for Groups
As the title suggests, Gloucester really is great for groups! Gloucester Tourist Information Centre manages the city centre coach park at Westgate Street and provides support and advice when bringing your group to Gloucester. Gloucester Quays have their own coach park dedicated for visitors shopping at Gloucester Quays or attending one of their national events.
City Centre Coach Parking
Free coach parking is available for pre-booked groups at Westgate Street Car Park. Westgate Street car park is well signposted and conveniently located in the city centre - just a short walk to Gloucester Cathedral.
When booking your coach space in advance, you will receive the following benefits:
- Free and secure coach parking at the centrally located Westgate Street Coach & Car Park with onsite toilets
- Complimentary ‘Meet & Greet Service’ from the knowledgeable Gloucester Greeters
- Historic Streets & City Treats – a discount booklet offering great savings within the city for all your passengers
- Complimentary guide to Gloucester for all coach party members
- Discounted group entry to a range of Gloucester city attractions
- Complimentary refreshment vouchers for coach drivers
- Up to date advice on events and attractions from the award winning Tourist Information Centre
- Advice on the City Councils Shopmobility service
To pre-book your coach, please contact the dedicated coach line on:
Telephone: 01452 396500
Booking line open: Monday - Saturday (9:30am – 5:00pm). Please note that bookings are not required for Sunday or Bank Holiday parking, spaces are on a first come first serve basis.
Gloucester Quays Coach Parking
Free coach parking available on and offsite at Gloucester Quays for pre-booked coaches. Bookings must be made 24 hours in advance to secure a meet & greet.
- Meet and greet service on arrival
- Free meal voucher for the driver at one of Gloucester Quays restaurants
- Free coach parking
Wheelchairs or scooters are available for use within the Shopping Centre and Docks. Please contact Gloucester Quays in advance to ensure this is booked for you and can be waiting for you on arrival.
Visiting with a group?
If you are visiting the city as part of a group, you can make use of the following benefits:
- Complimentary Meet and Greet service where a Gloucester Greeter will meet your group on arrival and will lead you to your required destination, answering any questions you may have about the city (Monday-Friday, subject to pre-booking and availability)
- Complimentary admission for the group organiser to various city attractions
- Historic Streets & City Treats – a discount booklet offering savings within the city
- Destination literature sent in advance if required
- Preferential group rate at a wide range of city attractions*
- Up to date advice on events, accommodation and parking from our award winning team
- Assistance in arranging private city tours with local tour guides/experts
- Visiting by coach? Then you’ll receive all the benefits listed above as well.
*subject to minimum group numbers
To find out more about the group offer in Gloucester, you can contact the dedicated groups team on:
Private Tour of Gloucester?
Experience Gloucester’s remarkable heritage with qualified Gloucester Civic Trust Guides. Follow in the footsteps of Roman soldiers and Norman invaders; and learn about the true story of Beatrix Potter’s ‘The Tailor of Gloucester’. Explore over 1,900 years of some of the most important events in British history in this magnificent city. Be part of history as you experience Gloucester’s heritage through the likes of George Whitfield and Robert Raikes.
When planning your visit to the city of Gloucester, you may find the following information of use:
Attractions in the Gloucester, the Cotswolds and the Forest of Dean
Accommodation in Gloucester and the surrounding area
Coach Driver Information (PDF 0.4MB)
Walks and Tours for Groups (PDF 0.2MB)
Gloucester Visitors Guide (PDF 5.3MB)
Gloucester Tourist Information Centre
Gloucester Tourist Information Centre is conveniently located between Gloucester Cathedral and Gloucester Docks. Staff have excellent knowledge of the city and the surrounding area and prides themselves in providing excellent customer service. Staff are available to answer any questions you may have when planning your visit to Gloucester. The Centre is open Mondays (10.00am - 5.00pm) and Tuesday to Saturdays (9.30am - 5.00pm). They also open on Sundays (10.30am -3.00pm) when there are large events in the city. If you are planning on visiting the TIC on a Sunday, please do phone in advance to check our opening hours.