Tourist Information Centre
Your warm welcome starts here
The historic city of Gloucester is a fascinating and diverse place to explore, from cobbled streets and independent shops to green spaces, designer shopping and unbelievable historic architecture. There is so much to see and do across the city and we can’t wait to help you explore – it’s what we do best!
Gloucester Tourist Information Centre offers a wide range of services to assist you before, during and after your stay in our beautiful city, including:
- Local attraction and events information
- Audio Tours of the city
- Advance entry in to local and national tourist attractions (please see the Advance Entry section for further details)
- Public transport information
- National Express and Eurolines bookings
- Stagecoach Bus Passes
- Marchants Coaches Day Trips
- Theatre Tokens
- Accommodation booking (please see our Accommodation Booking section for further details)
- Civic Trust City Tours
Souvenirs and Publications
Why not take a piece of Gloucester home with you? Pop in and see us, we will be happy to help you pick your perfect memento of your visit to Gloucester, Cathedral City of the Cotswolds. Amongst many items, we sell magnets, postcards, stationary, edible goodies, DVD’s and local arts and crafts. We also stock a comprehensive range of publications, helping you to learn all about Gloucester (its past, present and future!) and the surrounding areas.
Gloucester plays host to many exciting festivals and events throughout the year. Gloucester Tourist Information Centre is a key ticketing outlet in the city and we sell for a range of local events, including:
- Heritage Open Days tickets
- Gloucester Tall Ships wristbands
- Gloucester Civic Trust talks
- Choirs and Orchestras at Gloucester Cathedral
- Carducci Festival
- Kings Theatre Productions
- Firework displays
- Highnam Court events
- BBC Events
- A variety of local community events
- And much more!
We understand that sometimes, with so much to see and do, you need a plan of action! Our friendly team are on hand to help you plan your visit and can even provide you with advance attraction tickets to help your day go as smoothly as possible. We currently provide advance entry to the following local and national attractions:
- Gloucester Life Museum
- Gloucester Of Museum
- Cattle Country
- International Centre for Birds of Prey
- Blenheim Palace
- West Midland Safari Park
If you need help finding that perfect hotel, bed and breakfast or guesthouse, please contact us. For a small fee of just £2.50, a member of the team will take the time to find out exactly what you require from your accommodation provider, suggest options best suited to your requests and book the accommodation you require, giving you peace of mind – and a good night’s sleep!
We can help you in advance of your visit or when you arrive –whatever suits you best
Gloucester Tourist Information Centre
28 Southgate Street
Tel: 01452 396572
Fax: 01452 504273
For up to date real-time information, please follow us:
Mondays: 10:00 – 17:00
Tuesdays to Saturdays: 09:30 – 17:00
We are also open on ad-hoc Sundays throughout the year during large scale city events as well as Bank Holiday Mondays.
Please note Gloucester Tourist Information Centre does not open on Easter Sundays.
For further information on Gloucester Tourist Information Centre, please click here.
Maps and Guides
Below are a range of maps that may help when planning your visit to Gloucester. If you would like hard copies of these, please contact the Tourist Information Centre where a member of staff will happily take your details and pop them in the post.
Gloucester Via Sacra Leaflet (admission charges now apply at the museums)
Gloucester Via Sacra - Children's Activities Leaflet (admission charges now apply at the museums)
Gloucester Cycle Map
Waterside Walks in Gloucester
Gloucester Visitor Guide
Please note we send domestic post second class, so do give yourself plenty of time to receive the information when planning your visit. If you need your information quickly, we are more than happy to email you the information you need – it will reach you faster and it’s GREAT for the environment!
Visiting from overseas? Planning before you arrive enables you to feel comfortable and prepared as soon as you arrive in the city. We have Gloucester guides in a variety of languages, simply contact us prior to your arival and we would be delighted to send out information, via email or post!
Gloucester Tourist Information Centre prides itself on providing a service which is accessible to all. We provide a number of helpful services, including a power assisted front door, low level desk, a T-Loop, large print information, magnifying glass and a braille guide to the city. We understand the importance of being fully prepared before visiting a new destination; please download our Access Statement here.
The City of Gloucester website has a host of access information about attractions and accommodation in the city; however please also feel free to contact a member of the Tourist Information Centre team on 01452 396572 who will gladly assist you in your planning.
Find out how you can minimise your impact on the environment by downloading our Live green, Shop Green and Visit Green leaflets prior to your arrival.
Awards and recognition?
Staff at Gloucester Tourist Information Centre pride themselves on providing first class customer service and going that extra mile for our customers. Over the years we have attained a variety of regional and national awards, including:
- Gold Winner in the South West England Tourism Excellence Awards 2015/16
- Silver Winner in the Visit England Awards for Excellence 2016
- Finalist in the National Coach Tourism Awards 2015
- Gold Winner in the Visit England Awards for Excellence 2014
- VIC Provider of the Year in the Cotswold Tourism Awards 2014
- Highly Commended Winner in the Enjoy England Excellence Awards for Tourist Information Service of the Year 2013
- Gold Winner in the South West Tourism Awards for Tourist Information Service of the Year 2009-2010, 2010-2011 & 2012-2013
- Silver Winner in the Enjoy England Excellence Awards for Tourist Information Service of the Year 2010-2011
- Silver Winner in the South West Tourism Awards for Tourist Information Service of the Year 2008-2009 & 2011-2012
- Outstanding Achievement Award in the South West Tourism Awards 2010-2011
We have also received various in-house City Council awards, including Top Performing Team, Complete Customer Focus, Strengthening Gloucester’s Economy, Top Performing Authority and Environmental Responsibility.
Here’s what some of our customers had to say about our service:
“The service at the Information Centre was first class. Informative, cheerful and efficient, charming staff”
“Brilliant service with welcoming staff and are always willing to help.Lovely smiles”
“I found the service to be excellent. A very kind and thoughtful assistant”
“The service is excellent. Covers a wide spectrum”